Old 12-21-23, 04:09 PM
PoorInRichfield

Bikes: Trek Domane SL7 Disc, Cannondale F29

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 188 Posts
Perfectly Symetrical Brake Lever Alignment... How?

Despite all the hubbub about the UCI planning to ban riders from having their brake hoods pointed inward, I've been riding with my hoods angled slightly inwards for two years now and love it. (And I don't race, so UCI's decision doesn't impact me.) However, every time I get on my bike, I swear that one lever is angled in slightly more than the other and that makes me bonkers.

Have any of you found a way to ensure perfectly symmetrical alignment of both levers other than the "eyeball it" method I've been using?

Making sure both levers are mounted at the same height on the bars and the same angle inwards has so far proven to be a task my puny brain can't handle. YouTuber "Rides of Japan" has the same burning desire for perfection as I do and he
... however, I think his video came out before angling brake hoods inward became a thing. Thus, his video doesn't address perfectly aligning the angle of each lever... his are straight forward.

My "eyeballed" inward levers...

********* Solution Found **********

YouTuber GC Performance created the following video showing the tool he uses for perfect brake hood alignment. Me likey...

Last edited by PoorInRichfield; 01-01-24 at 04:42 PM.