Old 12-25-23, 04:25 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5067 Post(s)
Liked 8,364 Times in 3,950 Posts
Originally Posted by CAT7RDR
My backyard. I've hiked those trails hundreds of times long before it was Otterbein Park and the Puente Hills Habitat going back to the 1970's.
It was ranchland at that time and barbwire fencing everywhere that has since been mostly removed.
Never thought much about riding there because it is heavily used by hikers, equestrians, runners and dog walkers.
What was your experience like WRT to the aforementioned?
I’ve done the Turnbull Canyon climb and 7th Street loop on my MTB before. Nothing is significantly technical, but there was a spot I had to walk on the singletrack climb back up to the top of Turnbull. That area is okay, but not interesting enough to bring me back very soon.

The climb out of Schabarum Park was really enjoyable, and I will find a time to ride there again. Powder Canyon was very nice, too, despite a very steep section of the climb to the top of the hill. I really liked the change of scenery from my typical riding areas. It seems like there is still a lot for me to explore in the future.