Old 12-26-23, 10:10 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10994 Post(s)
Liked 7,519 Times in 4,207 Posts
Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
Reviving this thread since I decided to sell my 2011 Jamix Team Dura Ace di2 and building a TCR Advanced.

Any feedback how much my Jamis is worth in the used market?
Ha, I forgot about this gem of a thread. Just read it again to get some laughs at the wildly strict views and strawman some people posted.
OP- my entertainment is not directed at anything you posted, to be clear.

Cool that you are trying out something new. And it isn't cool due to it being new and therfore better, but rather it's cool because this is a hobby and if trying something different is appealing, go for it! My current gravel frame has a carbon fork, thru axles, and hydraulic disc brakes because I wanted to try those things. I was fine without em, but it's a hobby and I like trying different stuff.
No harm in that, despite what some claim.

As for your Jamis bike's value, I do not intentionally keep up on current used market pricing for all types of road bikes, so take the following with that in mind...
- a 1st Gen di2 drivetrain is no appealing to me and it may not be appealing to a lot who would want di2. There have been multiple generations since yours, components wear/break, and that stuff isn't made any more. It might be viewed by some as a risk more than a benefit/feature. Just keep that in mind.
- the group is clearly nice- DA alone may make some people consider the bike, even with its age and older tech.
- the crankset being fsa is lame, at least to me, since I would want all DA if I am buying an older Gen di2 bike.
- the market for rim brake race bikes with multi Gen old di2 is, from what I've read, not the strongest. The peoe who would geek in this bike, dedicated roadies and experienced enthusiasts, likely want newer di2 and/or disc brakes.

If that were my bike I would add up the cost of parts and consider parting it out.
- sell the wheels for $400, if they are in good condition.
- sell the shifters, derailleurs, and chain, cassette, and crankset for $250.
- sell the frame, fork, headset, stem, brakes, and seatpost together for $600.

Keep the tires and bard if you want em, or sell/add in with the stuff above.

Maybe try to sell it as a complete bike for $1500 before splitting it up. Or maybe I am low on estimates?...I am just listi g prices that I personally would see and consider realistic, given the age, use, and generation.
And I could see parting it out in a few large chunks to be appealing since it may be a little more work, but it would go to people that have interest in some but not all of the bike.
- someone may want deep carbon clincher wheels for an older rim brake bike and new prices are too much to make it worth doing.
- someone may want to have the frameset and cockpit to hang spare parts they already own and use this as a trainer bike or backup bike.
- someone may have a partial 1st Gen DA di2 group and can use yours to complete it.
Likes For mstateglfr: