View Single Post
Old 12-26-23, 03:14 PM
stevepusser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
So, no one else here has ever used one of those inexpensive combination tail light/vibration sensitive alarm/horn thingys with the remote? I've got'em on all my bikes in combination with various locks. They also let you know if Yogi and Boo Boo or Rocky Racoon are going through your stuff at night when camping out in nature.

Those folding locks are going to take longer to cut through than a cable, which will take literally a snap with a bolt cutter, but they will delay a thief and all the time that alarm will be triggered. Yes, they can also break the alarm and dispose of it, but I like to think they don't want the attention.

Folding locks do have a weak point at their riveted links which can be broken with a special tool called a "nut splitter", which is for cutting a frozen nut off a bolt, but again, I like to think that most thieves don't carry those yet.

I got a two-pack version of these "hamburger" locks for $20 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Bike-...d_rpt_ba_s_4_t

They can be linked together to get a 50 in. long "chain", too, and use a somewhat unusual lock that may also slow down the average lock picker, and even the Lock Picking Lawyer for a bit:

Last edited by stevepusser; 12-26-23 at 03:19 PM.