Old 12-26-23, 07:01 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1818 Post(s)
Liked 1,689 Times in 967 Posts

It's not much. Just some Specialized riser bars in 46cm width and Gevenalle Retroshifters for cable brakes mated to TRP HY/RD calipers with a Deore 3x9 drivetrain.

First ride today. It rides better than my last attempt with a 1996 Trek 6500ZX. The 100mm travel on a bike designed around 60 was super floppy and with the 42cm bars hard to manage. This bike is easily the more manageable of the two. I may swap an internal spacer around to make it 80mm of suspension travel. Time will tell if that idea makes sense or not. Getting the bars and hands where they need to be was challenging enough. It has a fairly long front center and effective top tube as it is.

NOS RockShox Recon forks just hangin' out in my garage to replace the aged springer fork and a PNW dropper post from the "Just in case" pile and miscellaneous other parts from the spare parts bin like 32/28 hole PowerTap/Hope Pro4 disc hubs laced to Velocity Cliffhangers kept the total cost of acquisition to service as you see here at under $230. Not a bad deal.

Tubeless setup, hot waxing the chain, and bar tape is next on the list. I was thinking white bar tape; Thoughts?

Last edited by base2; 12-27-23 at 02:04 PM.