View Single Post
Old 12-27-23, 02:01 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1636 Post(s)
Liked 3,147 Times in 1,703 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1;23104421[u
]I agree on the too many moving parts, but not the 5-10 min you tube highlights. I really want more continuous race coverage and live coverage if possible. Replays shortly after the race are the next best thing and I can live with edited more extended highlights type coverage shortly after the race. When I can't get anything else I'll follow live text commentary of a race I am especially interested in.

VPN seems like a lot of trouble, an extra expense and complication, and lets face it, fraud or theft. I am really hesitant to go that route particularly when there is another route available. It sounds like Max is the way I will probably go (along with Peacock which I already have). It is expensive, but so is a vpn account plus getting a euro base D+ account that may be rendered unuseable if they figure out how to block it.
heard. my halcyon daze of waking up at 3:30am (on the west coast) to watch big mountain stages of the grand tours and the occasional classic are over. def follow the live text of procycling.com and cycling news.com for races.
all that said, really miss the transitional parts of races/stages where you're taking in the scenery/roads and you're just amazed to be following a beautiful something that you (likely) know anything about less than 25% of the participants and even less about the region/roads.

Last edited by diphthong; 12-27-23 at 02:06 AM.
Likes For diphthong: