View Single Post
Old 12-27-23, 04:40 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4533 Post(s)
Liked 6,434 Times in 3,702 Posts
Originally Posted by pah
frame was purchased brand new from Alan's bicycles in Willmingon Delaware in mid to late 90's. He does not have receipt and neighter do we of course. going to go look at frame again to see what you are looking at. yeah, the frame is old but I have a 84 Colnago that hasn't cracked and I know it was crashed hard more than once!
Originally Posted by bulgie
When I worked for Ti Cycles (mid '90s), we did repairs that were a lot more difficult than that. On Litespeeds too. I'm pretty sure Dave Levy (proprietor) still does Ti frame repairs. He was very good in the '90s and has probably only gotten better. Not cheap though.

Ti Cycles is near Portland OR, but if you're shipping the frame somewhere to get it repaired, it doesn't matter much how many miles away.

I have heard Bilenky is also very good, so maybe choose based on estimated cost and/or lead time.
Second and third this, Dave is the person you want to repair this if you do and if he will, he'll tell you if not and if he does it may be better than new.

He's a one man show and beholden to no one but the customer and himself.

Jack at Franklin would be the only other I would trust to do this.