Old 12-29-23, 04:33 PM
Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 2,354 Times in 1,136 Posts
I just happened to be using one of my days between Christmas Eve and January 2nd where I'm off work and not sure if it is Thursday or June today to go through some old photo albums when this post made a reappearance. I can't believe I didn't find any older than these because my mom photographed all kinds of things of me growing up.

The first bike I don't even remember. It had to be one of the many second hand bikes I had through the years. In addition to it being heavy, it had to be hard to ride as it looks like the saddle was way too low for me. The picture would have been taken in '77 because the shirt is from 7th grade PE.

The second one was likely taken a couple of years later and the saddle on it was too low as well. Also it looks like it had the Beng1 saddle clamp reverse mod. I'm wearing the same shoes because we were not that well off and shoes were purchased a size to size and a half bigger to get the most bang for the buck. This was one of the few brand new bikes I received as a kid. A heavy Flying O "10 speed" from OTASCO. A couple of years later I would save my money and buy my Takara 960 Deluxe Touring bike that I rode all over the place until I tossed it behind the garage to rot.