Old 12-30-23, 08:58 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3915 Post(s)
Liked 1,968 Times in 1,404 Posts
One of the things I consider in thinking about diet is our evolution. We know that **** sapiens has thrived on many different diets, depending on what's available. One of the things that's available in most places at least at some time during the year is eggs. And we started out as small critters who ate a lot of dinosaur eggs, and kept at it for maybe 150 million years. So I figure eggs are good, just not too many. One of the necessary nutrients in eggs is choline. We supposedly would do best on about 550mg of choline per day:
https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Choline-Consumer/

One large egg has about 147mg, so 2 eggs/day gets you about half your requirement. There are other dietary choline sources and we do make some choline in our bodies, don't know how much though. My wife and I only go through about a dozed eggs/week and eat no dinosaurs (just their eggs) or mammals. Looking at that, I started supplementing with sunflower lecithin. It does seem like that addition helped me heal faster. Anyway, no harm in it that I know of - no cholesterol in lecithin.

To the OP, I had borderline cholesterol levels at your age and now had 3 stents and one minor heart attack, in spite of having been an ovo-lacto-pisco "vegetarian" for 50-some years. It is said that cardiologists lose their license if they don't prescribe a statin for folks your age. Seriously, consider taking a statin. About 80% of people can take one with zero side effects.