Old 12-31-23, 03:57 AM
Garthr

Bikes: Franklin Frames Custom, Rivendell Bombadil

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 216 Times in 132 Posts
Pick a poison ! Neither ! Hahahahahaaha ! Ohio doesn't get extreme heat though, like say 100 degrees plus a high dewpoint. Even during the hottest days, say afternoon highs in the 90's, I'm riding just after dawn anyways and the sun's effects are much lesser than later in the day. I'm a summer lover for sure. In winter my legs and feet are always cold unless I overdress and then it's different kind of misery, not only from perspiration but the restricted feeling from wearing all that stuff. Even under 40 degrees I'm cold unless the sun is fully out. I have yet to find any magical bib tights either, that block the wind as needed, yet breathe well, offer the same compression fit as shorts can, and are supple enough not to notice them, basically make it feel like summer ! Leg length is another matter ! I have worn leg warmers with my compression shorts under some unpadded thermal bibs, but man, do the legs feel like they're wrapped in bandages.

The bottom line though is I'm slower in the cold than hot. Not that I'm exactly screamin' fast in summer either. you know, relatively speaking.