wolfchild
Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,491 Times in 1,286 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy

I've been on a low cholesterol plant-based diet for over 50 years, have always been active, and thought I didn't have anything to worry about. I was wrong.
60 - 70 years ago some doctors started to believe that dietary cholesterol was responsible for an increase in heart attacks. They were wrong, just look where it got us.... Today after a lot of research and studies it's been proven that dietary cholesterol has almost no effect on blood cholesterol and no effect on the ratio between LDL and HDL. Human liver makes all the cholesterol even if people avoid eating it and who follow low fat diets. Even anorexics who starve themselves and people on low calorie diets can have high cholesterol....It's been known for some time that humans are flawed right from birth. Babies and little children already have arteriosclerosis in them before they even reach old age. It's just a matter of time, some people get heart attack sooner and some get it later but majority of deaths are still from heart disease. I'll just stick with my animal based diet.