View Single Post
Old 01-03-24, 07:46 AM
Kontact

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4525 Post(s)
Liked 1,670 Times in 1,094 Posts
Originally Posted by howaboutme
Thanks for your response! I think what you're getting at is that I can get similar level of information from a dedicated bike fit just by going into a LBS. I agree with that, though I have yet to even step foot into one. My issue here is after I go through all of that setup and help they are providing, I may not buy a bike from there. Some may say "who cares" but I am sympathetic of the time they put in. I just tend to think I can get good deals (more options) online and take the risk of not riding it. But again, that's just my initial take, which can change through more research.
They aren't going to give you a fit sheet after getting your saddle set up for the test ride. So that process will have to happen at every bike shop you want to do this at.

Generally speaking, if you don't have an injury or limitation, the height to bike size charts that companies often have in their catalogs work decently well. If you are 6 feet tall and the bike is a true 58 for instance, you're likely to be able to get into position with adjustments and a stem length swap - if you have a reliable way of determining your position.

Fits offer much more than just basic sizing. Cleat set up alone is valuable.