View Single Post
Old 01-10-24, 12:26 AM
ElGenerale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 8 Posts
Fun perusing through what remains in this thread. This thread is so old that I can't remember if I've posted here yet.

So just in case, here's a few:
1985 Schwinn High Sierra - Was original and rode like a dream but found a crack in the rear hub flange, and wasn't sure what to do. Turns out it fit my neighbor very well so I swapped out some of the parts I wanted and gave it to him. Great to see him out riding it from time to time.

1991 Diamond Back Apex
Could almost eat off of this one - very clean and original except for the saddle. But so small, so... need to sell it I guess.

'87 KHS Team, XC9000
Also too small, and sold it after putting it back together. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat if I saw one in my size.

The one that chucked me down the rabbit hole: '83 MountainBikes Mt Tam
Driving to and past a few local garage sales one day looking to see if anyone was selling a bench vise, and saw this one. After hearing this particular bike's local history, I couldn't leave it there. This is what it looked like when I brought it home, and it mostly looks the same since it's mostly been sitting waiting for me to tend to it. Maybe I'll tidy it up tomorrow...