Thread: Ankle lights
View Single Post
Old 01-10-24, 10:31 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3195 Post(s)
Liked 1,727 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by tcs
Today there are lighted pedals. AFAIK the too-clever-by-half Pedalite, with its internal belt-driven dynamo, is no more. The USB-charged RedShift lighted pedals are available.

You'd think in this age of miniature LED lights someone would offer an add-on pedal light. (Maybe it's just my Google foo but...) I can't find one, but you can add reflectors to most pedals, or purchase a functionally similar pedal that comes with built-in reflectors.
I have the Redshift pedals for my son’s bike, and they’re excellent by all the reckoning I’ve done. IMO they are the best solution if foot retention is not needed.

To your second point, Specialized Stix lights offer bright, lightweight rechargeable lights which can be mounted virtually anywhere— I use velcro or DuoTec to mount them to headtubes— including to the ankles with the optional ankle strap. They’re my favorite USB rechargeable lights, being lightweight, bright, low-profile, long running, versatile and stylish.