Thread: Helix Update?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-24, 06:02 AM
Jipe

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 250 Times in 214 Posts
Yes, about one year ago, the backers that didn't receive their reward yet, had the choice to either pay a substantial price increase or be refunded within an undefined timeframe.

From what I understood from following the Helix project from the beginning, only a little more than 50% of the backers received their reward and none of the pre-ordered bikes were delivered (pre-orders took place just after the end of the Kickstarter campaign with a price only slightly higher than the one of the kickstarter campaign; much less than the current Helix price).

After that, there were several opportunities to buy Helix at a much higher price than the one of the Kickstarter campaign.

But my impression is that there were much less than 2400 Helix produced, maybe 600 for backers and then the several batch produced with a small number of bikes in every production batch.

Does anyone know how many Helix were produced (just a rough estimation)?

I think that many of the 2400 Helix Hong Kong Facebook group members do not own an Helix because then there would be much more than 2400 Helix produced what seems to me impossible seen the amount of bike Helix can produce per year and the fact that production was interrupted several times for several reasons (lack of components during covid, stem problem...)?