Old 01-11-24, 01:05 PM
equinoxranch

Bikes: Bottecchia (Carnielli) & Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
SEAGRADE :

Stay away from Continental glue. The stuff is worthless. Continental make great tires which I am v. partial to, beginning with their Sprinter. But Continental's glue is beyond worthless. I've been at this for over five decades and inasmuch as Clement "red" is sadly gone......... Vittoria Mastik 1 IS exceptional. It holds!!! I trust your tires were not loose when mounted, a tight fit is essential. I also mount the tire when the glue is just applied and wet. That is critical. I only glue the rim, never the tire, which just prior to final mounting is wiped on the base tape with lacquer thinner to open the pores for the wet glue to go into. You should get excess between the tire and rim which, after you've centered the tire with a increase from 5psi at time of mounting to then around 25psi, you pump up to 40psi and let it stay there for 24 hours, wiping off the excess glue with lacquer thinner (NOT isopropyl....., that does NOTHING!!!) on a CLOTH rag. You want some excess to bleed out, an indication of full coverage.

And why in God's name are you combining worthless tape with glue? Stay away from tape!!!!! Just glue. You NEVER mix the two. You're skating on thin ice the way you've botched this. Undo. Get rid of the tape, Re-glue with Vittoria.

Last edited by equinoxranch; 01-11-24 at 01:16 PM.