LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 247 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11472 Post(s)
Liked 4,869 Times in 2,818 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
The Vegan Cyclist did a Fat Bike race in Wisconsin, where he got frostbite on his Johnson. He was filming the whole time after he finished the race, and the agony of reperfusion was really, really bad.

He commented a couple times that he'd talked to a bunch of folks about Fat Bike racing, and NOT ONE mentioned this as a possibility. But after it happened, everyone he talked to said, "Yeah, that happens." "Might have been nice to tell me!" he complained.

Having had a couple minor procedures under local anesthesia, I gotta say it is really strange to watch, and hear, and even feel slightly when someone, for example, takes a slice out of the skin on your leg, then sews it up, with the needle CLEARLY going through your skin.

When my Dad was 96, he underwent a second knee replacement*. Since he was so old, they didn't go a general, but rather a spinal block. I imagine it was distinctly strange, hearing them sawing and hammering at his leg, maybe feeling tugging on it, but not feeling the actual operation.

* Yeah, 96 is real damn old to be doing that. My sister was VERY skeptical, but the doc. pointed out that with Dad's worsening dementia, he was likely to try and stand on the bad one and have it collapse under him, possibly breaking a hip or worse.
Put me out when hammering on my bones. Whew.