Old 01-12-24, 09:31 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1146 Post(s)
Liked 1,187 Times in 690 Posts
Originally Posted by spclark
UPS Came through despite the storm, my Wahoo's here!

Yeah, I'm generally inclined to 'run what I have' before spending money on stuff that may be of limited value. None of the tires I currently have that I ride pavement with are particularly worn, and that tension adjustment I'm sure will be something to finesse to get consistent numbers out of the data feed.

I'll be 'weather-bound' the next couple of days so I may have questions about how to make what I have work with this new thingy. Glad there's a knowledge base via this BF forum as opposed to anything on-line from the manufacturer's tech support dept. Likely as not they don't work weekends....
what do you mean by tension adjustment? is this the adjustment between the bike's rear tire and the trainer's small resistance wheel?

for the Computrainer we used it needed to be calibrated each time. partly because the bike was just freshly mounted and partly because the tire was cold. it needed about a 10 min warmup then a calibration. the trainer took care of adjusting the contact force after that.

when we used the Computrainer we were told to not leave the resistance wheel in contact with the tire becasue over an extended period of time of no use (like when not riding for a day or two) a depression could form in the tire leading to a thump thump when riding later on. not sure if any of that was true though. this was all at an LBS so none of us could even entertain the idea of leaving our bike on the trainer. we were only there 2 dyas a week.