View Single Post
Old 01-14-24, 07:23 PM
plumberroy

Bikes: Surly long haul trucker, Surly steamroller,Huffy Catalina, Univega Alpina 501. Gravity deadeye monster, Raliegh sport , Electra loft 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 299 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by alcjphil
I always carry spare inner tubes, usually at least 2. Several times I have stopped off seeing someone at the side of the road. My credo is to provide an inner tube to the person I am helping with condition that they pass the favour along. I have no idea whether that person will give that any thought, or not. Not my problem.
Many years ago a friend of mine met another guy out on the road. They were both riding tubulars and my friend gave this guy his (patched) spare. A few days later this guy showed up at my friend's place with a brand new replacement
Sometimes a good deed reaps benefits
Years later, I ran into that same guy, and his version of the story was the same
I do the same thing. When someone wants to pay me . Just help someone else when you can. Sometime in the early nineties I was having battery trouble with a car . Guy pulls up and jumps my car. When I asked what do I owe you. He said that I had gave him a jump 4 years earlier in Coco Beach which was ninety miles from where I was at the time. It never hurts to help someone. And nearly every belief system has the belief that if the help someone in needs it comes back to you multiplied
Likes For plumberroy: