View Single Post
Old 01-16-24, 09:01 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 116 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1812:

Back up one day to yesterday morning: -14F with a -37ºF wind chill. I decided to do a split commute where I rode 1.25 miles to the bus stop, took the bus downtown and then rode the remaining .5 miles to the client's office. Then I did the reverse on the way home. They recently changed the bus schedule so now if I take the bus I arrive about 15 minutes late in the morning, and I have to leave work about 45 minutes early. Either that, or I'll arrive 50 minutes early and have to stay 20 minutes late. Because I had a bunch of other things scheduled, yesterday I opted for the former.

This morning: Thing had warmed up to a balmy -6ºF with a -27ºF wind chill. Because the air temp was below my wife's negotiated threshold of -5ºF, I did another split commute. The slightly warmer morning got me to the bus stop five minutes earlier than yesterday (which was five minutes early.) Then the bus was a couple minutes late, which meant I stood motionless in the frigid temps for about 12 minutes before the bus arrived. I probably would have been a lot warmer had I just ridden the whole way to work.

It's supposed to be 0ºF with a cross wind after work. I'm planning on just riding the whole way home.

Today I brought frozen ham and potato casserole for my lunch. Or as I called it before I left the house: ham and potato casserole.

Last edited by Tundra_Man; 01-19-24 at 08:41 AM.
Likes For Tundra_Man: