Old 01-20-24, 04:30 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked 1,194 Times in 695 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
Confusing title, but it may not matter. Whether OP wants to stay strong for climbing in winter or during the season, the workouts to do today ought to be mostly the same.

Here's my contribution about winter climbing workouts:

Today I did the Rouvy col d'Izoard climb. 19 miles, ~4500 feet, 2:03. My legs are very tired, which I guess is a good thing.
just finished this. i actually recall doing this when i saw that guy that i thought was going to flap his arms like a bird (and the blond too). i did this in a workout maybe a week ago but never got to the top until today. i was surprised to see someone else riding but they were only a mile or two before the end so no rabbit to chase. about 5 miles in another joined in the pain. he kept closing in on me and was only doing 2.8 w/kg max while i was around 3.2. guess i'm a heavier rider and that is hard to do, i'm only 68kg. i was finally able to increase the gap once he got to the 14% bit.

here is another to try when yo have time. has one steep bit in it. never did i think there was anything like this in Norway.

noticed that the link only works for me.
hoping this works for all:
Virtual route - Lysevegen from Lysebotn | Norway (rouvy.com)

Last edited by spelger; 01-20-24 at 07:35 PM. Reason: change link.
Likes For spelger: