View Single Post
Old 01-20-24, 08:21 PM
boomer58 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 22 Posts
So here is where I am with this. After several hundred miles on the Specialized Allez, I have been to a Trek store and they had this kind of machine that takes your picture and tells you what size bike you fit. Probably works for someone just looking for a bike to cruise around with but for someone a little more serious that wants to ride a lot I think it might be a little on the gimmicky side. I don't know maybe it is accurate you guys tell me. Anyways it said I should ride a 56 cm. My current bike is a 54 cm but my old Fuji was a 56. I have my heart set on a 56 as that is what I used ride. I stopped by another bike shop which is local and not to far from me and was looking at a Cannondale when the owner came over and started talking to me. I told him that I was looking to trade my Specialized 54 in for a 56. He asked me how tall I was ( 5' 8" ) and he said that a 54 cm is my size. We talked for quite awhile and he brought up getting a professional fit. I recall in this thread that MSTATEGLFR recommended that I do this, thank you for that advice. Anyways I signed up for a professional fit this Wednesday and we'll see what happens. Thank you to all of you that have replied to this thread I really appreciate it, boomer.