Old 01-22-24, 03:21 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Turnin_Wrenches
There are success stories, and I'm glad to know that tubeless is working for you. No flats over the course of 15,000km is a beautiful thing!

As for your non-tubeless friends who had to fix flats while you watched, I assume all of them were able to change the tube and continue the ride. Additionally, none of them had sealant spray all over their bike, none of them had to install an annoying plug, and none of then had to attempt to reseat a tire with a hand pump or CO2 cartridge. They simply changed their tube, inflated the tire and went on with their day. That too is a beautiful thing I love tubes!!!!!
Pretty ridiculous exaggeration. In 12 years of riding tubeless the most I've ever had to do is install a plug, which was in the tire in far less than a minute and I've only had to do that twice in about the 4 years or about 19,000 miles. Annoying? Hardly - I didn't even have to get off the bike. That would have been about 30 or so tube changes for me had I been riding tubes. In all that time, I have never had a tire bead pop off.

I don't care if anyone wants to ride tubes or tubeless. I know what I want to do. But what really is not useful, helpful or honest is wild exaggeration like this,

Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
If you love tubes so be it! Too bad you need to resort to ridiculous exaggerations to justify your love.
Agree completely.
Likes For JohnJ80: