Old 01-22-24, 10:27 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5956 Post(s)
Liked 2,862 Times in 1,595 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval
But I would do this with a replacement derailleur hanger plan in mind. It makes it much easier to tolerate when it snaps off......
Frames with integral hangers aren't set up to accept replacement hangers. Of course, if there's enough meat there, a skilled mechanic can modify it to mount a replaceable hanger, but I'm talking about an advanced skill level. I wouldn't expect that in someone asking if straightening us OK.

Originally Posted by veganbikes
..... Make sure you use the same spot on the rim at every point you are checking and bending the hanger...... @FBinNY Do you do a beer batter for your dropouts or maybe a thinner tempura batter.....
This is totally unnecessary unless the wheel is badly untrue. On a true wheel, every point is on the same plane, square to the axle.

I love various raw veggies in tempura. My favorite is thick cut onion slabs, ie. 10mm or so, fried until just tender. Sometimes, I'll salt the onion first, otherwise dip in a sauce to eat. The alcohol trick sounds interesting, I'll give it a shot.

Last edited by FBinNY; 01-22-24 at 10:42 PM.
Likes For FBinNY: