Old 01-24-24, 10:58 AM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9668 Post(s)
Liked 6,382 Times in 3,510 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Bam doesn’t scuba. I can snorkel though.
Here are my thoughts for first timers to the islands:

Grand Cayman - lots of snorkeling, most like the US in terms of development, Atlantis submarine is really cool, can find just about any water sport you want, Ritz Carlton is really nice

Providenciales in Turks and Caicos - one of our all time favorite vacation spots, fishing, parasailing, snorkeling everywhere (there is one reef just off the shore that is protected and has a lot of activity on it so lots to see), good food, day trip to West Caicos to see the caves with stops to snorkel on Iguana Island and a beach where there are tons of starfish.

St. John, USVI - probably the prettiest place on Earth, get a car and explore the island, lots of snorkeling, has not completely recovered from Irma. Almost the whole island is a national park. There are hiking trails in the mountains that are worth doing.

Antigua - Some really cool old English navy forts overlooking the water, zip lining in the rain forest, a cool blow hole along the water, really pretty beaches.

If you can, skip the all-inclusive and try different places for local cuisine. You'll thank me for that later. A lot of the Creole food is really good, and you don't get that as much at the all-inclusives.

The Caribbean is not a bike friendly destination, so put that aside.