View Single Post
Old 01-24-24, 02:51 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2949 Post(s)
Liked 2,968 Times in 1,514 Posts
Originally Posted by Jerry12302
I just bought a vintage 18 speed 27" Schwinn Worldsport.

I would like to know if these parts are original...
Super maxy cranks
Suntour V derailleur THese are probably original parts and I believe the V derailleur dates the bike to the early '80 maybe late '70s

Also, what is different from the Supersport vs. Worldsport, vs. a basic Schwinn. the simplest explination I can think of is, a 'basic' Schwinn is a bike you ride around the cul de sac for funa dn with the kids. A World sport is a bike you ride if your going for longer rides or maybe a weekend trip. The Supersport is the biek you would want if want to go on a day long ride but need to do it fast and be home by noon.

There is a decal that says Cro Moly 4130 double butted main tubes. What does that refer to? It means the seattube, downtube and the toprube are made of Chro Moly steel, a fairly common good quality material for bikes. The rest of the frame and fork are made of lesser grad Chro Moly or perhaps a Maganese steel.

I attached some pics. Any idea what year this is? I'm trying to find your pics. Can you tell us more about the bike?

Thanks.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk