View Single Post
Old 01-24-24, 06:50 PM
cinelliguy 

Bikes: 57 ExpressWerke, 58 CinelliB, 62 CinelliB Altenberger, 70 Cinelli SC, 76 Masi, 77 Colin Laing, 78 Ritchey, 80 Jack Taylor, 82 Appel, 82 Davidson, 85 Ironman, 92? Andy Gilmour, 04 Peter Johnson, 91 Ed Litton, 11 Bianchi

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 463 Times in 138 Posts
FS: 1990 Colnago Master Frame w/Precisa Fork

FS: 1990 Colnago Master Frame w/Precisa Fork $800 (new price...again and again!) & CONUS shipping $120. Local pick up in the San Francisco Bay Area, I am in Redwood City 94061

Seat tube: 60cm CTT
Top tube: 57 CTC
The bike was resprayed about a year ago and I put 856 miles on it. I am 6ft, 34" inseam, 170lbs, and the bike fits me perfectly. At my weight the Gilco frame tubing delivers a very supple ride, very nice handling. The paint, in my opinion, is the same as I received it in. I purchased it from a seller in the Netherlands and the paint job was done there. I can not find a blemish on the bike aside from the usual where the derailleur cables cross under the bottom bracket and the drop outs. The headset is not included with the frameset unless you want it for $50. Happy to send more images as I am limited to ten images here.

With reference to the fork, here is some descriptive language on that subject. There is always a debate on curved vs straight, frankly, I can not tell the difference."Strokes of genius are unpredictable, and the history of the Precisa fork is similar. In 1988, the forks fitted to the bikes Ernesto Colnago has designed have curved blades. This is the tradition at the time, and it’s an established fact that no one manufacturer had ever thought to change. They’re good, they look perfect, they are light, and they do not have significant defects. Yet, the intuition comes from a discussion with the “Drake”, Enzo Ferrari, another pioneer of the twentieth century. From concept, through tests and trials, until finalization, it’s a short step. The discovery is revolutionary. A fork with straight blades can guarantee exceptional results, far superior to forks with curved blades. The results of the tests conducted by the engineers at Ferrari speak for themselves. Vibration absorption is maximized (also benefitting the integrity of the headset), the danger of resonance by vibrations transmitted from uneven surfaces is controlled, and better comfort and handling precision is achieved. Simply put, a frame with a straight fork is much easier to control, and is more safe and stable – a success! From that moment on, the Precisa fork, renamed by Ernesto Colnago, supplanted the classic style and the entire cycling industry adapted the new design."

Last edited by cinelliguy; 02-23-24 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Got the country of past purchase wrong, it was the Netherlands, not Denmark.