Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 2,493 Times in 1,464 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
I am just going to refer you back to posts #21 & 22 again regarding the restriction of radial forces and the consequences of doing so.

FWIW I do cadence drills too because I want to maximise my useful cadence range. The difference is that I just concentrate on hitting the cadence targets and don’t try to over-think my technique. I have also done single leg drills, but I gave up on those after I came to the view that they are probably a waste of time, unless you find them fun, which I don’t. Or if you are one-legged of course! I didn’t lose any performance after I stopped doing them. Otherwise I would have started doing them again.
I do not do cadence drills or pedaling drills - not on my prescription. My take is that when one practices something to improve or get to the next level there must be materiality. Okay, doing one leg pedaling drills for an hour - that is material. Two minutes seems too short. The same is true for cadence drills. Go on the track and ride a 40 minute warmup in a smaller gear with fast guys. That will spin one up and if one can complete the workout be material.

For new riders, sure, pedaling drills, cadence drills and etc make sense. For advanced riders - meh.