View Single Post
Old 01-27-24, 07:04 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11027 Post(s)
Liked 7,574 Times in 4,225 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
Tiny issue, but thought I would mention the part in bold font. That's surely a typo.

Can you feel a difference with the new wheels? A little over a year ago, I switched from a good alloy wheelset (same Hydra rims) to a good cf-rimmed wheelset (Roval). Weight loss was about the same as yours. Physics says that the speed difference will still be trivial, virtually unnoticeable, and that is my impression, too. Still, I wanted a second wheelset for the bike, and good cf-rimmed wheels are so reasonable that there's little reason not to choose them. And the solid rim bed (no spoke holes) is a definite upgrade for you.
typo? Don't you full weight over the front wheel is the new aero?!
Yup, typo for sure- changed, good call out.

I have only zwifted on so far, and thars just the front wheel, but I can confidently say I am the same speed with a carbon front wheel and gravel tire as I am with my road front wheel and tire.

Looking forward to getting them out for some miles. The deluge of snow we were hit with earlirt in the month is slowly melting, so fingers crossed I get out soon.
Likes For mstateglfr: