View Single Post
Old 01-29-24, 01:46 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Liked 1,233 Times in 782 Posts
Originally Posted by boomer58
Thank you 13ollocks. I know this is just an opinion but being Litespeed is or was owned by ABG and is probably an investment group and Lynskey being a family owned operation, ( and here goes the opinion part ) which is considered the better bike for the money ?
I have a 96 Litespeed (Lynskey era). In 2020 we bought two very similar bike frames: Lynskey GR300 and Litespeed Watia. Both compare very favorably in quality - to my eyes - to the 96 Litespeed and to each other, in terms of weld quality. The new frames have different design decisions in terms of bottom bracket and head set standards. The GR300 has a threaded BB and an integrated headset. The Watia has a press fit BB and a press in headset. The Lynskey was a bit heavier but also a bit cheaper. The Litespeed was a bit lighter, but a bit more expensive. There are also some slight differnces tube shapes, and geometry.

All or some of these differences may affect your choice, but IMHO, none are game changers. Both bikes seem to be high quality at a good price point for a ti bike.