View Single Post
Old 01-29-24, 07:52 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by 13ollocks
Litespeed was started by David Lynskey back in the…80s? The Lynskeys were already in the Ti fabrication business for industrial applications, and the story goes that David L, a runner, looked for a decent bike while recovering from injury, couldn’t find anything he liked, so took a swing a building his own in Ti. The bikes took off and the rest is history. The company bought, or was bought by (have heard different versions), ABG in 1999, with a 5-year non-compete clause. When the clause expired, the Lynskeys started building Ti again under their own name. Both the original Litespeed factory and the newer Lynskey factory are based in Chattanooga
Litespeed was sold to AGB, who by the way has trouble with honoring warranties, but I digress, the Lynskey sold the business when their dad and founder died, a decision I wonder if they regret doing?

David Lynskey was a triathlete, not just a runner, but he did have to stop running due to a knee injury.

My understanding was that Lynskey was created after some sort of feud occured between Lynskey and the owners of AGB, so Lynskey put on his fighting gloves and went after them with more competition, which hasn't seemed to hurt Litespeed any.

I can't find sales reports to see who sells the most bikes.
Likes For rekmeyata: