Old 01-30-24, 09:14 AM
Leinster

Bikes: MBK Super Mirage 1991, CAAD10, Yuba Mundo Lux, and a Cannondale Criterium Single Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 297 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by nathand
Glad I'm not the only one in this situation. I have an Xtracycle Edgerunner without a motor which worked fine for a year or two, and then the kids got big enough - and started having activities far enough away - that I needed a motor so I bought another Xtracycle (a Swoop). I've only ridden the EdgeRunner once or twice since I got the Swoop, but there doesn't seem to be much of a market for a motor-less cargo bike these days so I haven't tried to sell it. Maybe I'll put a motor on it eventually. It was helpful the one time we took the kids bike-camping (on an island, with a ferry trip) - my partner took the Swoop, I took the EdgeRunner, and between the two we had enough cargo capacity for all the gear.
I think I'd have fewer bikes if I had a smaller garage - or a larger car (although a minivan is looking really appealing these days). Lots of my neighbors have bike hanging from the ceilings of their garages and I used to swear I'd never let the garage get so crowded that I needed to do that. Of course, there's now 2 bikes hanging from the ceiling in my garage, and I'm trying to figure out where I can put hooks for one or two more.
You went camping on Angel Island? Sounds awesome! The ferry connections are too far from here in Napa, last time we tried to take the kids’ bikes to the island we were told that because striders don’t have brakes, they weren’t allowed.

When my LBS had to close a while back I bought a couple of their display racks, so we can stack some of our bikes up in the garage. The 2 cargo bikes still take up by far the most space, though.