Old 01-30-24, 10:20 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10306 Post(s)
Liked 5,277 Times in 2,257 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
SS, threshold, and VO2 Max. You know, like if you planned on doing race type things. At this time of year, I was breathing super heavy on Saturday, and doing 3 x15' which would be working up to 3x20' on Sunday. Through the week was 6x4-5 of 115%+, 3x30' SS and 3x10- 40 on at 125%/20easy at 150-ish watts or so, throughout the 20 seconds. It would increase in volume throughout the season.

Z2 and weights are all the base of the pyramid on which you build come race time. You don't race at Z2, though when you happen to be in that zone, it should be like doing nothing on race day.

But if you're not racing, never mind.
I havnt really decided. Lily is overwhelmed with the kids and all the races are on Saturdays/ Sundays. In February they are literally every weekend, and there is just no way I can swing that. The road race I’m on edge about. It’s pretty much a **** show, and I really don’t want to crash again, the crit is the next day but I now have to commute for work.

The langley speed way crit is march 3rd, so I may just do that one. We are hosting a big 3 day event in April that I would like to try and do atleast one event.

Having kids plus my job makes this really hard. I’m blessed the wife gives me the freedom and bikes that she does, but it’s hard to keep asking for more. She wants me to race but at what cost.

There is a training series that starts in May or June. If I can’t do anything else I really really really want to try and get to these weekly. Low key, and fun.

Adulting sucks.
Likes For bampilot06: