Old 02-01-24, 02:44 PM
jdawginsc 
Edumacator

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2533 Post(s)
Liked 3,352 Times in 2,101 Posts
Originally Posted by hazetguy
a few thoughts:
-i found the listing, says 'in stock', which is code for "my price is absolutely crazy and it has not sold after being listed forever".
-price is o.b.o.
so you have those things in your favor.

IF, and that is a HUGE 'IF" you can verify that it is indeed your old bike, it is difficult to put a price on sentimentality, but try not to seem overly enthusiastic to the seller (might be too late for that), otherwise they might not want to negotiate too much on price. maybe at this point that doesn't matter.
also i'm sure you know by now that there would be after purchase expenses, like shipping.
again, IF this is your old bike, you need to figure out how much it is worth for you to get it back.

if it is NOT your original bike, $300 for a clapped out, needing everything Paragon is about $250-$275 too high.

would be cool to see you get it IF it was your original bike.
Yeah, this was the elephant in the room of thought for me.

$300 is an awfully high amount for a Ross Paragon in this (or any market). Those are CoVid prices completely restored methinks.

i could see the seller having you over a barrel of sentimentality at around $100. I don’t remember the model well, but I got a near mint Ross Centaur from roughly the same era during Covid for $50.

Nonethless, a really cool story, especially you selling your baby to help another person.

Edit: after doing some scouting around, I think initial estimate is too low. Ishiwata 024, bar ends, supposedly Cyclone? I could see $125 being pretty decent as a price.

Last edited by jdawginsc; 02-01-24 at 04:09 PM.
Likes For jdawginsc: