View Single Post
Old 02-04-24, 06:41 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4258 Post(s)
Liked 2,975 Times in 1,828 Posts
Yesterday, I was 4 days post-op. I may have taken a few liberties with the "walk if not limited by pain" post op instruction. Wanted to make sure I wasn't going to lose any range of motion in my knee (have a 3-4 inch incision about 3 inches below the knee from where the tumor was removed), so I did an hour nice and easy on Zwift. I had told myself that I was going to average at most 1.6 W/kg and keep my max under 1.8, but, of course, I found people juuuust a bit in front of me and "it'll be easier if I catch up to them and then suck their wheels for a while instead of riding solo" and the next thing I knew, I'd averaged 2.1-2.2 for the ride. Didn't feel any pain during or after, so there were no ill effects. Probably still don't want to push it for a while. It would have been interesting had I been dual-recording (or using a different platform that shows right/left balance and other output from my power pedals) because I could tell (especially during brief surges) that I was favoring my left (not operated) leg..

Likes For himespau: