View Single Post
Old 02-04-24, 05:43 PM
Kontact

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4582 Post(s)
Liked 1,729 Times in 1,133 Posts
Originally Posted by AMoney
The bolt wasn't in as far in as the other one, but it wasn't missing. I took a picture from the other side. It's hard to see in the photo, but the one on the left sits further out, so it didn't go as far in:

Nevertheless, I was able to tighten it somewhat, see the before and after.

It seemed very tight (about as the tight as the one that goes further in) I don't want to tighten it any further at the moment. I tried to find the torque recommendations but didn't have any luck. Are torque specs specific to each derailleur hanger? Or, do they apply to derailleur hangers in general?
It is a little strange that the forward screw is more countersunk than the rear. It could be that the edge of the rear screw is hanging up on the edge of the hole instead of allowing the head to settle in. So I'd take that bolt out and look at whether the hole is actually shallower than the rear. If it isn't, you might have some wiggle that would explain why this hanger isn't behaving.

These don't have to be torqued. Probably 3nM is way more than enough. This is more a "just past snug" situation, and shouldn't require a torque wrench at all. If they get loose, that's where you would use low strength. loctite to prevent moving.
Likes For Kontact: