View Single Post
Old 02-04-24, 08:40 PM
AMoney

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
If the hanger wasn't bent, then straightening it wouldn't have corrected the problem (at least temporarily).

@AMoney, do you have your QRs nice and tight? I have run into a lot of people who's quick release I could open with my fingers. Hangers like on your bikes rely on the QR for structural strength.
I have repeatedly checked the rear QR since this thread. It is about as tight as it can be while still allowing it to be fully locked.

Originally Posted by FBinNY
Bend or break there has to be some outside force involved. Which is the point I've been trying to get across since way back in post #12. In post #35 I posited that----

Instead, I suspect that the hanger is not secure and rigid where it's attached. All too often, the mating surfaces either aren't flat, or something is preventing the hanger from pocketing correctly. That allows for it to move slightly throwing the RD off.

It's nice to see that folks are FINALLY considering this. Hopefully the OP can get the hanger properly and rigidly secured to the frame.
When you say pocketing, what do you mean? IF the dropout on the left side is bent (which is hard to tell if it is, I'll get another set of eyes or two in real life), would this be a possible culprit? If so, how easy would it be to unbend the dropout (which is carbon)?