View Single Post
Old 02-04-24, 11:18 PM
ArgoMan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 27 Posts
Thanks for all the help! I installed my new Shimano Dura Ace SL-BS77 bar end shifter today. I've never done gear work before, but it went really well! The instructions weren't great and without this forum and some YouTube videos, it would have been much harder. But I have it all set up in indexed mode and it shifts really well. The only hiccup is that when I'm shifting up the smallest rear sprocket, it tends to want to skip the next sprocket and move directly to the next highest sprocket. The shifter will "click", but the chain won't move sufficiently. I can see that it wants to move, and does slightly, but wants me to continue shifting so that it jumps a sprocket. I can finesse the lever to prevent this. Otherwise, shifting from the largest to the smaller cog goes smoothly. I think I may try it in friction mode. I like how I speed around and can just slide my right hand down the drop bar and shift with my palm and little finger. Very unique and "old school" feel. Are there any suggestions that you may have regarding the skipping issue or operating in friction mode? Thanks for everyone's advice!