Old 02-06-24, 11:30 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10254 Post(s)
Liked 5,217 Times in 2,237 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Three hard days in a row can be tough to handle. I rarely plan on that even when I was training unencumbered by baby or injury. But, you do have multiple days in a row off for work, so I guess you gotta try to cram.

Do you have four days to ride, or three? If four, I would make one of those an easy ride.

I actually don’t leave for work now until Sunday, so I technically don’t have to cram.

Did the 3x15 zone 4 today. Holy crap was that hard. Opted for the colonial parkway, fairly flat, low traffic but might as well be gravel or cobble stones. The ride is extremely rough.

First set my varia camera flew off with 90 seconds left. I stopped, paused the interval and spent 2 mins trying to find it. Once it was found I resumed the rest of the interval. I was pretty angry it was interrupted.
5 mins of rest then set number 2
I really went all in on this set. Tried to keep it on the upper side of zone 4 as much as possible. I also thought it was only 2 sets not three so, I gave this set my everything. Imagine my dismay when I realized I had another one.

5 min rest last set. Was at the bottom of end of zone 4 for most of this set. Had a real hard time locking the power in. What I mean by that is being able to maintain say 240 watts steadily without stairing at my screen. It seems like everytime I looked back down the power would drop off and then I would over compensate to get it back where it needed to be.

Really happy with myself getting this done. Prolly one of the hardest things i’ve done yet on the bike. 30/30s suck but this is just never ending.

Tomorrow i’m going to take it really easy I think. I don’t know if zone 1 is appropriate but that is what I am considering unless LAJ or TMONk thinks it needs to be closer to zone 2.