Old 02-07-24, 03:28 PM
Brad L 

Bikes: Several

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked 1,047 Times in 323 Posts
Painted Churches Tour 2.0

I'm leading another tour of the Painted Churches around Schulenburg, Texas. Last year we had a really nice time despite the cold and dampness. It actually sleeted at the allotted start time, so we all grabbed coffee and started an hour later. It was perfect! This will be a couple of weeks later so the temps "should" be a little warmer. We had a few BFers come out including pastorbobnlnh , panzerwagon , joesch , and rccardr . It'll be on April 6th and any bike, no matter the material, is eligible as long as it was made in the 20th century.

The route is approximately 48 miles with about 2,200 feet of elevation gain. Moderately hilly by Houston standards, and moderately flat by Austin's. A vintage drivetrain can easily handle the hills.

This will be a semi-supported tour. We'll have a sag driver, but bring extra water, your favorite sports drinks, food, etc. and we'll load it all into the sag vehicle.

We'll start at 9am from the parking lot nearest the railroad tracks at the corner of N. Main St. and S. Upton Ave. in Schulenburg. Let me know if there's interest. I hope to see you there.

EDIT: I had to change the date to the 6th/7th due to conflicts with two other large rides in the area.

Last edited by Brad L; 03-04-24 at 08:02 PM.