Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked 1,653 Times in 951 Posts
Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji
At 66 I've purchased my 1st carbon bike. An '06 Felt F4C in great shape that's been really taken care of. Previously I've been a staunch collector of steel frame bikes from the 70's & 80's including holding on to my 1st bike store bike - an '82 Fuji Supreme. I'm lucky to live in a great cycling area with year-round cycling, good country roads, and friendly local clubs.

Keeping up with the club guys on their carbon bikes and me on heavier steel frame bikes has become more difficult as I've started having a little hip & knee arthritis issues, so I started looking to a lighter brifter shifting bike. I love the old bikes BUT brifter shifting is so much easier. As I've gotten older I've been keeping an eye out a good deal on something carbon and lighter and with better gearing than Sora. I'm really liking This Felt bike with Ultegra gearing. It's a little more "billboard" than I'd like with the Vuelta Corsa Team V wheels, but I'm seeing a real performance gain in my riding:

Here's most of my steel frame bikes if you're interested on a similar "show your rides" thread to this

https://www.bikeforums.net/22833871-post4659.html
https://www.bikeforums.net/20615373-post4634.html
Well my "billboard" concern went away with the disintegration of the Corsa Team V hub, 14 miles out in the middle of nowhere. It broke apart & locked up tighter than Dick's hatband (who knows where that expression came from?)....I had to lift it up as it wouldn't roll. I communicated with Kemco Group Inc. & Novatec only to find out this hub was no longer made.

My local shop ordered me some new wheels with Mavic Elite rims, Origin8 hubs & DT Swiss spokes. I've made some other tweaks since the earlier photo was made so this is me now:

I now carry a spare emergecy bike in my saddle bag

Last edited by Deal4Fuji; 02-08-24 at 09:11 AM.