View Single Post
Old 02-09-24, 07:19 PM
choddo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked 455 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
I agree about Sufferfest (Wahoo SYSTM). Their workouts provide a good balance of structured intervals and realistic riding scenarios. I sometimes use SYSTM alongside Zwift for virtual racing and group rides. I’m not so keen on the Zwift workout plans. They are a bit too generic and mostly focused on short term goals. I prefer using SYSTM to build a longer term structured training plan and then utilise Zwift as a substitute for outdoor rides over the winter.

I’m about to try MyWhoosh as an alternative to Zwift. It has the big draw of being free to use! If this goes well then I might well drop Zwift and use MyWhoosh and Wahoo SYSTM.

I also recently tried IndieVelo as yet another free Zwift clone, but I didn’t get on with the look and feel of it. Frame rate was poor using an M1 MacBook Air and I thought the graphics were a bit dated. But certainly worth a look for yourself.
How long ago did you try IV? I’m on an M2 MacBook Air and it runs pretty sweetly at 1080p but there were a lot of performance updates in the last month or two. I prefer how they lay the data out to Zwift though I’m not likely to drop the big Z any time soon.