Old 02-10-24, 12:28 PM
South Pa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rm -rf
ERG mode workouts and custom workouts

In Zwift, scroll down to "Workout anytime". There's some featured workouts (which is where I first found this one).
Scroll over to "Workouts" to the right of the six featured ones--click it.
Now there's a sidebar for "collections", "custom", "all".

I edited this workout to extend the warmup period to 20 minutes, and saved it as a custom workout. The 5 minute warmup wasn't nearly enough for me. The workout editing is pretty easy to do--drag the colored blocks to make changes.

Anna vander Breggen - "road race"
https://whatsonzwift.com/workouts/30...ggen-road-race
It's 3 sets of 2 minutes of 20% above FTP, 1 minute of 37% above FTP, 15 seconds of 200% above FTP, including one minute of easy pedaling between these, and 5 minutes between sets.
I found the 2 minute interval was the hardest. I can hold the harder effort for 1 minute, and stay seated at a very fast cadence for the 15 second one.
I'm 70 years old, and this was challenging but quite doable for me. Good.
These workouts adjust based on your estimated FTP, and from there can be adjusted up or down by percentage when the workout is running.

Info from the "What's on Zwift" website -- very useful.

My other favorite is a Zone 2 custom workout. I just extended a block of Zone 2 for 60 minutes, with a warmup ramp and a small cooldown ramp. But that didn't work -- I can't stay seated and pedaling continously for 60 minutes! Now the workout is 90 minutes of: blocks of 8 minutes at zone 2, with 30 seconds of "free ride" in between. I can stand up, stretch, etc for 30 seconds without Zwift nagging at me to "Increase power" / "decrease power"
Thanks for this...still figuring it all out...haven't yet completed the 'getting started' phase.