Old 02-10-24, 08:04 PM
msu2001la

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1463 Post(s)
Liked 1,488 Times in 872 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucillle
How did your Vittorio tires work out, and how are you liking the bike?
Sorry for the late response - this bike is working out pretty well for me. I also love those Vittoria Terreno Mix tires for this use - this width and tread pattern seems ideal for all-weather urban commuting. This has been a really "easy" winter here as far as snow goes, so I haven't had to test it out in those conditions much - the few days we did have snow it was subzero and I wasn't riding anyway.

My only real complaint about the bike (aside from the initial issues I mentioned) is that hydro disc brakes with a sliding rear dropout (and full fenders) makes it a huge pain to remove and re-insert the rear wheel. I have to loosen the rear brake caliper to get the rear wheel out, and then getting the caliper aligned again and getting the rear wheel correctly positioned so it's got good chain tension and isn't rubbing on anything requires a lot of fussing.

I don't even bother carrying stuff to fix a flat tire anymore. I figure if I get a flat while commuting, I'm 100% just gonna lock my bike up wherever I'm at and hop on a bus/train or uber, then come back and get it later so I can fix it at home.
Likes For msu2001la: