Old 02-11-24, 09:32 PM
nathand

Bikes: 2018 Jamis Renegade Exploit, 1996 Trek 930, mid-90's Dean El Diente, 2010 Scott Addict SL, 1998 Trek 730, Xtracycle EdgeRunner 30D, Xtracycle Swoop, 1992 Trek 790

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 62 Posts
Here's a pair of photos of my Jamis Renegade, a purpose-built gravel bike that fits me well (I've comfortably done many 50-75 mile rides on it over varied terrain) and the Trek 790, in the same location for comparison. I want to roughly match the position on that bike, maybe with the handlebars a little higher on the Trek since I'll be doing more riding around town on it where I'd like to be a little more heads-up. The challenge is that the seat -and head-tube angles and lengths are different, such that I need a short stem on the Trek to match the Renegade (which has a fairly short 90mm stem). Given the choice between a short stem that allows me to more closely match the Renegade, versus a longer one that doesn't result in bumping my knees on the bars, which would you recommend? And, thoughts on a quill stem versus a threadless stem adapter? I only seem to see either very short threadless adapters like the one I have, or very long ones. Thanks for the thoughts!

Last edited by nathand; 02-12-24 at 09:13 PM. Reason: replace the photo of the Renegade with one that better matches the position of the Trek
Likes For nathand: