Old 02-13-24, 02:05 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4228 Post(s)
Liked 3,927 Times in 2,342 Posts
I've had to fire a customer/friend who I came to understand wasn't likely to be happy with whatever I made. That was a long time ago but a lesson I still remember. Could it be that the possible builder has sensed the same?

This topic has me quite interested in how you and the builder have gotten to this point. Can you give more details without indicating who the builder is? Can you say what is aspect the challenges have been from? (communication or understanding terminology, intended use WRT what the builder is fluent with, component or accessory must haves, preconceived notions not being heeded or addressed, timeline issues, transactional issues, other?). How did the builder want to deal with the rider fit needs, do they have a way to handle this long distance (and I assume they are not local to you)? There's a lot of info about you and how you and they communicated that doesn't need us to know who you went to. Without more details we can't give more than general advise ,of which common business sense is much of it, again IMO.

If you wish to go further but not air your thoughts in public feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to reply and give far more specific opinions and advise. Andy