Old 02-13-24, 10:55 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18557 Post(s)
Liked 15,964 Times in 7,501 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
While rydabent sometimes does have opinions people dislike and says things that aren't always likable this post is a fine post. People should spend their winter getting their bikes ready for riding if they are not riding through the winter. I will say yes they did miss spring and the post could have been done earlier but overhaul or tune your bikes with some regularity and if you aren't doing it yourself winter is the best time to take it to the shop less busy and you will be ready to go for that nice spring day. Once it hits you just are pumping your tires and ready to ride while everyone is waiting in line at the shop.

I know we can be snarky here, myself included but overall a message to get your bikes ready is not bad. Unleash on someone when they actually post something bad not when they are giving decent advice.
It’s recycled material. And people should do what they want to do. Besides, how long does it take to get a bike ready to ride? I didn’t ride a bike for almost a year. I pumped up my tires and I oiled my chain and went for some rides later fall.