View Single Post
Old 02-14-24, 03:31 PM
South Pa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've measured the dropout and will check when I next take the bike off the trainer.

Regarding using both Fenix and Zwift to track, disabling the neo connection in the watch and using the Indoor Cycling app seems to do the trick. It seems to still use the sensors on the neo 3M, i.e., Power. Garmin also tracks Power balance (L/R), where Zwift doesn't. I'll likely try just Zwift tracking for a bit to allow the Fenix to catch up in its conclusions before trying again. I may just end up using Zwift for the trainer and the Fenix for outdoor. I do notice that the fenix tracks a few elements that Zwift doesn't and vice-versa.

There is also a difference in the numbers...speed, watts, impact, etc. Not sure which is correct.

Originally Posted by zacster
Your trainer also simulates road surface. I know nothing about that since mine doesn't, but there are definitely rough roads in Zwift. It's just another control Zwift would have to send to the trainer.

Is the Fenix providing HR data or do you have a separate HR device that it reads?
Yes, it does simulate road surface texture, but I don't really care about that. In fact, after trying all the different spacer combinations, I rode with Zwift and thought I might have damaged teh flywheel/magnetics, since the pedling was a bit 'jerky', but then realized I was on a cobblestone road.

For HR, I use an HRM-Dual for Zwift and just let the Fenix HR sensor apply to its own data.

I've turned ERG off for the present. I haven't been able to ride consistently for a while and want to build myself back up with straight riding. Once I do, I may try the ERG again. I'm almost positive that the connection of both to the Neo 3M is what casued the issues for the watch.