Old 02-14-24, 10:12 PM
SharpByCoop 
My Workshop = Happy Place

Bikes: Schwinns, and many others.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
New subject needing capturing: 1974 Girl's Schwinn Suburban restored by me.

So a few of you wanted MORE bike and LESS background. I get it. OK. I am LIMITED by the size of my space and could not pull my subject away from the draped background much to make a huge effect.

However... I DID stretch the *cloth* backdrop to minimize wrinkles. They are still there. Less so.

FIRST: The subject line of this thread includes 'Inexpensive' so I offer the least expensive option. I captured the following TWO images with my Samsung S23+.

Yes, I then edited them in Adobe Camera Raw as I did my others (with my $4000 camera!) Darks darker, midtones brightened, and highlights reduced.

^^^ Pretty darn good! (All images resized down to 1500 pixels wide here)

NOTE: I tried to use the 'Pro' settings in the Samsung menu, and truthfully they did NOT come out better. Too soft. That was surprising.

I reverted to simply 'auto' mode and edited instead. They had much more detail. However you can see how it captures the background clearly also. Overall it's fine.

Now I used my EXPENSIVE camera: Canon EOS5R and Canon 28-105L lens (Probably about $4000 new)

Overhead LED 4' shop lighting. f/4.0 ISO 2500, 1/125th shutter. NO tripod. JPG, NOT RAW. So sue me.

So, unless I opted for a PAPER backdrops (NO wrinkles, I see) this is where I sit. Paper comes in rolls of 9' x 36' from B&H for under $100 shipped. White as well.

However this cloth including a PVC hanger was less than $25 from Amazon. Shop lights or daylight: Both work.

Show me your examples. Thanks for viewing!

Coop
Likes For SharpByCoop: