View Single Post
Old 02-15-24, 02:29 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7702 Post(s)
Liked 3,615 Times in 1,906 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Mayer
I totally agree that consumers should make educated/informed choices about bike purchases. Sure, they should listen to the experts in shops and the 'journalists' in the cycling press. And from bloggers and influencers who want/need to justify their latest purchase, or maintain the flow of free trinkets from the industry. These are all completely trustworthy and independent. Right? They have zero motivations other than what is best for the consumer individually or as a whole?

So where exactly is someone supposed to get any perspective other than that of a salesman or industry cheerleader? From the cycling press who get paid by the advertisers?
If you are asking this question sincerely (which I strongly doubt) then the answer is ... . LEARN.

If the real issue you have is you cannot discern noise from signal ... learn.

I can see why you would post what seems like nonsense---you lack the critical thinking skills and analysis ability to figure out up form down and right from left. You are overwhelmed with input and unable to winnow the chaff.

And naturally you think everyone is similarly benighted.

it is not so. most people are able to discern the differences between advertising exaggerations and pure personal preference and actual information. it isn't even that hard, really, if you start applying your mind properly. Most people have been doing it for most of their lives.

You can do it too.

The world will make a lot more sense to you, once you learn how to separate noise from signal. Have hope.
Likes For Maelochs: